Sunday, February 14, 2016



Image result for holt mcdougal grade 7 math

New trends I expect to implement in my classroom 

       At the Nativity Prep, I am 75% integrated in technology when I teach my 5th through 8th grade math classes. Each class has its challenges because at every level the books are different. Because these challenges were present, I convinced the administration to purchase additional resource materials from the books publisher to lessen my workload. In doing so, I was able to secure power points, assessments, and online resources for each grade except the 5th. The 7th grade book, Holt McDougal Mathematics Grade 7, is fully integrated in technology. Their book is digital and they are not provided with a hard copy. Instead, every day I print out power points for the students to use throughout the lesson. Assessments were provided which allows me the opportunity to pick and choose what I would like to use on their exams. Do now/ warm-ups are developed so that all I need to do it connect my computer to the Smart board for their viewing. With the use of this technology, I am able to spend less time writing on the board and more time dissecting how my students came up with their answer. Students have time to critically think about why they developed their answers which in turn helps them broadens their understanding of the material.

Reference
Bennett, J. M., Burger, E. B., Chard, D. J., Hall, E. J., Kennedy, P. A., 
       Renfro, F. L., . . . Waits, B. K. (2010). Mathematics Grade 8. Orlando, FL: 
       Holt McDougal. 
SMART TECHNOLOGIES - A magical story. (n.d.). Retrieved February 14, 2016, from Smarttech.COM 
     website: http://education.smarttech.com/en/products/smart-board-interactive-flat-panels 

No comments:

Post a Comment